Defensive Pistol 1
January 22, 2022 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm MST$95.00
This course is intended to introduce a broad range of concepts of defensive shooting. The focus of this course is to provide the student with as much firearm manipulations as possible. This course will focus heavily on situational awareness, the perfection of the draw stroke, one-handed shooting, the importance of up retention shooting and close quarters, stoppage reduction, keeping the gun green, and Target Transitions.
You will need 50-75 rounds of FMJ ammo
If you have not taken the pistol fundamentals clinic but you feel qualified to take this course, call us before registering.
- Arrive at least 20 minutes prior to the class start time. If you are late, we reserve the right to turn you away as a no show.
- Bring your ticket(s)
- Keep your firearms in your vehicle until you receive instructions from a Range Safety Officer.
- Wear pants with a belt, sturdy athletic shoes or boots, clothing that will allow you to be fairly comfortable outdoors
- Wear a hat with a bill
- Bring plenty of water and snacks – you will be outdoors the entire class
- Bring a holster. If you do not have one, we can loan you one. You MUST have a belt.
- If the weather is inclement, we WILL train. If the weather is dangerous, we will postpone or cancel via email.
- From I-10, take exit 232 Pinal Airpark Rd
- Enter the Pinal Airpark and take a RIGHT at the Y in the road
- Drive to the stop sign, the range is to your front. You will see a red range flag and signs.