Defensive Shotgun 1
October 30 @ 8:00 am - 1:00 pm MST$75
This course provides an introductory understanding of how to effectively employ a shotgun (SG) as a defensive tool in and around the home.
Bring 50-75 rounds of birdshot and 5 rounds of buckshot.
You will learn:
- Safety considerations
- Shotgun manipulations
- Carries and readies
- Topping off
- Shot patterning
- Mitigating malfunctions
- Arrive at least 20 minutes prior to the class start time. If you are late, we reserve the right to turn you away as a no show.
- Bring your ticket(s)
- Keep your firearms in your vehicle until you receive instructions from a Range Safety Officer.
- Wear pants with a belt, sturdy athletic shoes or boots, clothing that will allow you to be fairly comfortable outdoors
- Wear a hat with a bill
- Bring plenty of water and snacks – you will be outdoors the entire class
- Bring a sling. If you do not have one, you do not have one. We’ll figure it out.
- If the weather is inclement, we WILL train. If the weather is dangerous, we will postpone or cancel via email.
- From I-10, take exit 232 Pinal Airpark Rd
- Enter the Pinal Airpark and take a RIGHT at the Y in the road
- Drive to the stop sign, the range is to your front. You will see a red range flag and signs.