The purpose of this course is to provide a BASIC understanding of how to effectively employ a shotgun (SG) as a defensive tool in and around the home.
The target audience is people who intend to use a shotgun as a primary or secondary defensive tool.
Round count: 5 rounds of buckshot and 1 box of birdshot
We will cover:
carries and readies
- Arrive at least 20 minutes prior to the class start time. We reserve the right to turn you away as a no-show if you are late.
- Bring a chair
- Keep your firearms in your vehicle until you receive instructions from a Range Safety Officer.
- Wear pants with a belt, sturdy athletic shoes or boots, and clothing that will allow you to be fairly comfortable outdoors
- Wear a hat with a bill
- Bring plenty of water and snacks – you will be outdoors the entire class
- Bring eye and ear protection – we have some to borrow.
- If the weather is inclement, we WILL train. If the weather is dangerous, we will postpone or cancel via email.
- From I-10, take exit 232 Pinal Airpark Rd
- Enter the Pinal Airpark and take a RIGHT at the Y in the road
- Go toward Gov Planet
- Drive to the stop sign. The range is to your front. You will see a red range flag and signs.