- This event has passed.
Level 1 Lifesaver (BLS)
February 19 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm MST$80.00
This course will provide you with Basic Lifesaving (BLS) skills for self and buddy aid beyond the typical Boo-Boo kit using the trauma care algorithm used by NATO forces and the US Military.
- Evaluate a casualty
- Control Massive Bleeding – tourniquet, hemostatic agents, wound packing, etc.
- Manage an obstructed airway
- Intervene for respiratory trauma
- Hands-only CPR (MICR)
- Prevent/Manage Hypothermia and Shock
- We will also cover trauma kits and building a good IFAK.
This class contains hands-on practical exercises using props and training partners.
- Arrive at least 20 minutes prior to the class start time. If you are late, we reserve the right to turn you away as a no-show.
- Bring a chair
- Wear pants – shorts may not be appropriate – athletic shoes or boots. You want clothing that will allow you to be fairly comfortable outdoors. You will be making contact with the ground.
- Bring note-taking materials
- Bring plenty of water and snacks – you will be outdoors the entire class
- If the weather is inclement, we WILL train. If the weather is dangerous, we will postpone or cancel via email. Prepare for the weather.
Curtis Park Ramada
2110 West Curtis Rd
Tucson, AZ, US 85705
This is in the general area of La Cholla between River and Ruthrauff.