Level 2 Lifesaver (BLS)
October 16 @ 8:00 am - 1:00 pm MST$75
This course is a scenario heavy continuation of Lifesaving I, we will do a quick review of Lifesaving I, learn about needle decompressions, and then move into many trauma and medical emergency scenarios for the rest of the class.
Pre-requisites: Level 1 Lifesaver must have been taken
- Evaluate a casualty
- Control Massive Bleeding – tourniquet, hemostatic agents, wound packing, etc.
- Manage an obstructed airway
- Intervene for respiratory trauma
- Hands-only CPR (MICR)
- Prevent/Manage Hypothermia and Shock
- We will also cover trauma kits and building a good IFAK.
- Arrive at least 20 minutes prior to the class start time. If you are late, we reserve the right to turn you away as a no show.
- Bring your ticket(s)
- Wear pants with a belt, sturdy athletic shoes or boots, clothing that will allow you to be fairly comfortable outdoors
- Wear a hat with a bill
- Bring plenty of water and snacks – you will be outdoors the entire class
- If the weather is inclement, we WILL train. If the weather is dangerous, we will postpone or cancel via email.
- From I-10, take exit 232 Pinal Airpark Rd
- Enter the Pinal Airpark and take a RIGHT at the Y in the road
- Drive to the stop sign, the range is to your front. You will see a red range flag and signs.