For intermediate or advanced level defensive shooters
This will not just be “Groucho walking” and “Macarena” box drills. We will move QUICKLY off the line of attack. The first half of the day will be force-on-force exercises and demonstrations against living opponents, using safety technologies such as Airsoft, barrel inserts, and lasers. The afternoon will be live-fire exercises reinforcing the skills you learned in the morning.
Prerequisites: You need not have trained with Heloderm or Warlizard before, but THIS IS NOT AN INTRODUCTION TO SHOOTING CLASS. Bring basic safety, handling, and marksmanship skills with you. If you are not sure if your skills are up to the level required, please contact us. We may be able to GET your skills up to the required level before this course.
Required equipment for live-fire portion:
- A handgun
- 150 rounds of standard practice ammunition
- 100 rounds of frangible ammunition
- A sturdy holster
- A sturdy belt
- Spare magazines, and someplace to keep them on your person
- A cover garment
- Eye and ear protection (preferably earplugs AND electronic earmuffs)
- Hat, sunscreen, hydration, snacks
Required equipment for force-on-force:
- An Airsoft pistol – Preferably a gas-operated, semi-automatic Airsoft pistol. As much as possible, it should replicate your go-to pistol
- Airsoft pellets, green gas, and silicone-based lubricant for your Airsoft pistol
MANDATORY safety gear:
- Wrap-around face and head protection
- Masks that only protect your face are problematic, because in DYNAMIC movement, the assailant may be to different angles than straight in front of you
- Neck protection
- Groin protection
- CLOSE FITTING gloves that won’t interfere with the reciprocating slide of your Airsoft pistol
You may choose to bring other protective gear, such as a long-sleeved shirt, but some gear in excess of that stated above may be counterproductive, for reasons we will explain in class.
Heloderm will provide rubber knives, foam pipe wrenches, and other training aids necessary for contact weapon drills.
Location: We will give you directions to the training facility after you register for the course.