This half-day class builds upon your basic fundamentals and will help you become an effective and confident defensive user of firearms. It is appropriate for beginning, intermediate, and advanced carbine owners. We will cover the following:
- Carbine Setup considerations
- Shooting and carry/ready positions
- Movement with a carbine
- Shooting Mechanics
- Performance considerations
These skills and considerations will be covered at a skill-appropriate level with a separate course of exercises for advanced shooters.
Advanced carbine users will be working through malfunctions clearing, movement, room clearing, tactical and emergency reloads, movement between points of cover, and advanced defensive and offensive considerations.
- Rifle and at least 3 magazines
- Ability to retain 2 magazines on your person
- 300 rounds minimum of appropriate ammunition (no steel core and no steel jacket. No armor piercing, no tracer)
- Eye and hearing protection
- Knee pads (optional but recommended)