For intermediate or advanced level carbine shooters
We will move QUICKLY off the line of attack. The first half of the day will be force-on-force exercises and demonstrations against living opponents, using safety technologies such as Airsoft, barrel inserts, and lasers. The afternoon will be live-fire exercises reinforcing the skills you learned in the morning.
Prerequisites: You need not have trained with Heloderm or Warlizard before, but THIS IS NOT AN INTRODUCTION TO SHOOTING CLASS. Bring basic safety, handling, and marksmanship skills with you. If you are not sure if your skills are up to the level required, please contact us. We may be able to GET your skills up to the required level before this course.
Required equipment for live-fire portion:
- A carbine
- 250 rounds of standard practice ammunition
- A sling
- Spare magazines, and someplace to keep them on your person
- Clothing appropriate for tactical movement
- Eye and ear protection (preferably earplugs AND electronic earmuffs)
- Gloves, knee pads, and other protective equipment as you deem appropriate
- Hat, sunscreen, hydration, snacks
Required equipment for force-on-force:
- An Airsoft rifle – Preferably a gas-operated, semi-automatic Airsoft pistol. As much as possible, it should replicate your go-to pistol. We have a few on hand.
- Airsoft pellets, green gas, and silicone-based lubricant for your Airsoft rifle
MANDATORY safety gear:
- Wrap-around face and head protection
- Masks that only protect your face are problematic, because in DYNAMIC movement, the assailant may be to different angles than straight in front of you
- Neck protection
- Groin protection
- CLOSE FITTING gloves that won’t interfere with using an airsoft rifle
You may choose to bring other protective gear, such as a long-sleeved shirt, but some gear in excess of that stated above may be counterproductive, for reasons we will explain in class.
Heloderm will provide rubber knives, foam pipe wrenches, and other training aids necessary for contact weapon drills.
Location: We will give you directions to the training facility after you register for the course.